Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Andrew the seamstress


Andrew was given a long sleeve workout shirt by his dad when we were in Oregon. When I woke up Saturday morning Andrew informed me that he had made a jersey. "When?" I ask. "At about 3am last night," he calmly replies. He then proceeds to tell me how he made it, seeing that he has never sewn before. "I cut off the sleeves and used them to make the pockets in the back but I was too impatient to pin anything on so they are a little crooked. "Then I cut up my jock strap and used the elastic for the sleeves!" He then proceeds to proudly displays his work of art. It looks great! "How did you change the thread color and bobbin?" I ask. "I don't know, I just put it in."(cause its so easy...) I am so blown away by his skills and luck because the jersey looks so great and he even rode it on our bike ride that day. Andrew has continued his mad skills by hemming a bunch of his pants and making them into shorts. I love this man! I would like to add that I did not help him at all on any of these projects. Maybe he should consider a career change.
And this is what our office looked like after he was done.

4 comments:

janers said...

yo...he's got you buffalooooed...i've seen andrew sew before, and yes he does have mad skills...and no he didn't pin or measure last time either...no patiece, but tons of drive. ;)

Rogue: 'member that sweet DI day with the broome? where you bought the sweet brown suit and spencers?

Angie said...

Totally impressed! He's welcome to list jerseys on my etsy store if he wants too.

heidikins said...

....I'm sorry--I'm still thrown by "he cut up his jock-strap and used the elastic in the sleeves..." I didn't get past that sentence, I'm still laughing.

xox

Cassi said...

OMG!!! so stinking funny! Tell Andrew that I have a shirt that needs to be taken in...