Monday, August 17, 2009

Mirror Lake



Over the weekend we went camping in the Uintas with some friends. It was beautiful and Henry tried out his swimming legs. He is quite the swimmer but he got really cold when he got out. We had to rap him up in towels and andrews's jacket to keep him warm but he loved it. He is the freaking coolest dog and you should all be jealous of his coolness. We went fishing at teapot lake and I caught a fish skeleton....thats it. I know pathetic but it was really fun. Apparently the fish did not like the pink marshmellow fish bait I had picked out. I made this rockin' dutch oven dinner that you would all be proud of. I actually really like to cook in the dutch ovens. We usually eat better camping then at home, is that wrong? We had raccoons in our camp at night and andrew tagged one of them with a huge rock, I think that it probably has some sort of brain injury now. Henry growled at them but then tried to make friends with them. It was rather entertaining watching the three boys chasing around the raccoons. Overall, a successful camping trip. It is really beautiful up there and I highly recommend it to everyone.

2 comments:

Nate and Di said...

these pics make me miss u guys even more! we are so sad we're missing out on little henry growing up:) we can't wait to see you!!!

Dena said...

Hey Stepharooni,
It is very smart of you to live a little while you are both working so hard. What a beautiful world we live in.

Love, Mom