Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Century 2010

Andrew, me and some friends rode the Salt Lake city century a week ago. I had been dreading it somewhat because we have not been able to ride. Not due to lack of ambition, but instead due to the snowy weather. Snow you say? In mid May? Yes. Not once, not twice, but on multiple occasions has it snowed. In fact yesterday, the 24th of May it snowed. But that is beside the point. So we pretty much rode this ride fresh out of winter. It ended up being pretty fun. Don't get to excited. I actually only rode 75 miles instead of the full 100 but I still feel very accomplished. I like to bike, but especially on flat or downhills as Andrew will tell you. We rode and got lunch at half time and turn around and came back. If you don't know how far 75 miles is- we started at the fairgrounds and turned around in Syracuse and came back. I wore my heart rate monitor and burned 2757 calories. Don't pretend you're not impressed. My Dad even came out to support me- I feel so loved. Anywho- here are some pictures as proof of my ride. Thanks to my awesome husband who even though he is a significantly better rider than I, stayed with me the whole time as my own personal cheering section. I sure do love him.


After the race

Megan and Don-our riding buddies


This was the halfway mark




Check out the glasses, yes they are gargoyles, given to us by my dad, and yes they are bulletproof. Literally.


Yeah, I finished!

My very cute, supportive hubby

PS. I am supposed to be doing stupid nursing school homework but instead I am posting. stickin' it to the man.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

oooo! nice roubaix! i just got the ruby last week and took my first ride this morning....promptly tipping over while trying to unclip. hehehe. we actually want to do a century ride as soon as pete gets into 3rd year rotations here in a month and has time to train.... but he probably wouldn't be as nice as your hubby and would be quick to leave me in the dust! :)