Friday, April 23, 2010

13.1

I ran 13.1 miles in the half marathon on saturday. Why? you ask. I have no idea. A friend of mine talked me into it and it seemed like a good idea at the time. I actually had a lot of fun and had a lot more energy than I thought I would. The competitiveness came out in me and I felt like I just had to keep running because everyone else was. And there were all the people on the course cheering you on so you just have to keep running for them. I do believe now though, if I can be a runner, anyone can. I don't think anyone hates running as much as I. Don't get me wrong, I still hate running, I just hate it less. I am going to do another half at the end of the summer and I hope to beat my time. Special shout out to Alicia for talking me into doing this(and no I'm not doing the marathon with you), my awesome hubby who is my own personal cheerleader, my parents and Lisa for coming to support me. You all rock! And Lisa, your in for the next half!




The home stretch, I had a little spurt of energy when I saw the finish line


Andrew gave us oranges and they were amazing


Before I knew what I was getting into

2 comments:

Angie said...

So proud of you I can hardly stand it.

Dena said...

You continue to impress me! Way to go. You did not even look like you broke a sweat. It is just not natural to be so gifted.

Love,
Mom