Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Seaworld

Seaworld rocks!  We had so much fun there.  We went to all the shows and spent all day there.  I am so amazed by all the animals and the shows they put on.  The killer whales were so cool.  They would go around the pool and splash people with their tails and everyone in the first 15 rows got soaked.  And I mean soaked. 
Ok, seriously how cool are these guys.


They would swim up on to this platform and use their tales to spin themselves around a few times and "break dance"

So cool right, the show was amazing and thoroughly kept me entertained the whole time.  They were jumping and splashing and interacting with the trainers.  It was so amazing.


Then they had a big "Shamu Rocks" finali at the end of the night with all 4 killer whales.  And that was even cooler
 I loved the lighting, it made for some awesome pictures

 They are waving at the crowd.  Notice the bleachers behind them are totally empty because we had all been to the earlier show and got wet and it was a little nippy outside now. Everyone sat a little farther away this time.



See the top of the tail.  This is about 2 seconds before getting splashed. The whales would swim around the edge of the pool and use their tales to splash people.

And now on to the dolphins...

 Um, what kid/adult wouldn't want to be a dolphin trainer after watching this?


 I mean, riding dolphins. Soooo jealous

I price-lined a hotel the night before we left and we got a great hotel with an awesome view


Later that night we went out to the gaslamp district for some dinner and treats.  After walking around for about an hour we(the two most indecisive people ever) finally decided on this burger place. There, I had the best burger I have ever had in my life-it was called the stinky burger.  I had this blue cheese sauce on it that was to die for.  And for dessert we went here....
and ate this...
and it was as good as it looks.


The whole quick trip.


3 comments:

Alicia said...

Your pictures are so awesome! I really think you should rethink nursing and just be a dolphin trainer. And then I can get discount tickets to all your shows. Also, why didn't we just make ghirardelli sundaes while i was visiting? they would have been so much better than those hard-as-a-rock caramel apples. I love your post!

Awg and Koff said...

ah that looks like so much fun seaworld is now very high on my list of the next places i want to go on vacation. :) love you miss you

Jeni Lyn said...

the problem with being a dolphin trainer is you have to wear weird teal/polka-dotted wet suits. eek!