Sunday, August 10, 2008

Andrew's bike race!

Ow ow! Look at those sexy shorts. So ya its been a while sorry but i am really going to keep up on this now. So here is the skinny. Here is Andrews first road bike race. It was the Tour de Park City; a 106 mile bike race. Me being the good wife that I am(and not knowing how long it was going to take) stayed the whole time. I figured hey, I will go to the feed stations ahead of him and take his picture. I know how kind. Anywho, that didn't turn out as well as I thought. I drove along the same route as the bikers because they didn't close any of the roads but I really felt out of place being the only car on the road and all. I then proceeded to miss the turn off and get lost for the next hour. Awesome so I missed the first feed station. By the time i figured out where the hell I was it had been about 31/2 hours. I would just go and eat and go to the finish line and wait. That should be long enough right....wrong. So I am sitting at the end and no one is coming....ya. I give a call to my loving brother and he tells me it takes about 6-7 hours so I'm a little early. I will go wait at the last feed station. So i go and chat it up with the old folks manning the apples and goo. 4 hours later...nothing...no Andrew.....I am a little worried at this point that he might have died somewhere. I give him a little ring a ding ding and he answered. I am almost there he said..5 miles. 4o min later i get a phone call..."I'm at the finish line." How did you get past me! Turns out he was following the racers who had a different route and bypassed me all together. So this is the only picture that I have of his race. Yaaa! Go me!

4 comments:

Nate and Di said...

HOORAY! I'm SO happy you are posting now. Andrew looks great, Nate is so sad that he isn't able to train and do Lotoja with him. We miss you guys, and we can't wait to see you. Life's not as fun without you guys around!:)

We love you guys, Chase is still asking where his favorite auntie and uncle are!

Angie said...

You rock! You are flipping hilarious.
You wrote asking for help-call me when you have a few minutes and I will help anyway I can. Love you.

heidikins said...

Daaaaang. That's hott.

xox

Merrill Brower said...

Mr. Ward. Or, should I call you Dr? Doug loves your bike adventures. Good job with the race. I donʻt know how you guys do it. And, I hear your brother lives in Pearl City now. Weʻll forgive him for living there. Well, we know youʻre busy, but we hope yʻall can make it out to Hawaii sometime.