Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sticky Fingers

I love my job. People are always coming up with new and interesting ways to entertain me. A recent visitor to the ER was discharged. She decided that she didn't want to carry her backpack around so she hid it under a car in the parking lot. She later returned for it and could not find it. She was frantic and called security and they were helping her look for it. Well, security found it first and opened it up to find 2 full bags of hospital supplies that she had stolen. Ya Ya everyone steals from the hospital; it is a daily occurace. However the supplies that she stole made me laugh for about 45 minutes. I am not sure what you are going to use these for but here is a picture of the most interesting things. I have included a list of the stolen items for your reading pleasure and I will leave it up to your imagination what she is going to do with these things.(most of these useless outside of the hospital)
Catheter kit
EKG pads
blood culture bottles(have live bacteria in them and smell like rotten eggs if accidentally broken)
blood tubes
Christmas tree(for the oxygen, hooks canula to wall O2
roll of tube gauze
blood arm band(used to identify pt recieving blood)
IV connector
Bottle of saline
stinky smell spray
label maker refill(makes sticker copy of wristband)
mouth swab
Hibacleanse(soap)
assorted first aid supplies(not shown)
She was arrested and taken to jail on 2 prior warrants for theft. I sure want to know where I can find a black market cath kit.

5 comments:

Nate and Di said...

I don't know what you're talking about...you never know when you may need a catheter kit, that is a great thing to have around just in case!:)

Cassi said...

sweet story!

Angie said...

I have been desperately looking for bottles of live bacteria- now what'll I do?!

janers said...

wait...she hid her stolen goods and when they were not where she left them she asked for help??? Why wasn't she admitted to the psych ward?

Cassi said...

Hey, I am changing my blog to invit only so can I get your e-mail address so I can shoot you over an invite? Thanks! cassiostler@hotmail.com